Reflections and Observations of a Fashionista Mom and Former American Expatriate Missing Montreal
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Bittersweet
It makes me sad to think that it will probably be a very, very, very long time before I have to drag this tote out of storage. While living in Montreal, I looked forward to washing and putting our snow gear away when it came time to do so in May. But I have been putting it off here. I finally washed it all up and Arabella helped me sort it this afternoon while Max napped. The tote is all the winter hats, mitts, scarves, ski pants and the like that we won't be needing here in the south. I am sure it will get cold(er) but certainly not anything like what we are used to in Montreal. And to be honest, I will miss that - A LOT. I like the snow and change of seasons. I like having to get bundled up to play outside. I LOVE the way the air smells when it snows. I can't bear to part with too much of our snow gear. For a few reasons - maybe we will go skiing here in the NC mountains or we could go back to visit Montreal in the winter or maybe we will get a freak snow storm where we will need it or maybe, just maybe, CAT will move us back up north on our next move (my wish would be back to Canada...but that is at least 5 years off). I did purge somethings that we were too small or worn and can fit it all in one tote. And I just put it away in a closet with tears in my eyes. Feeling very bittersweet right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment