Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Birthday....To Me

Maybe the reason I love Autumn is because I am an Autumn baby. Tuesday was my birthday and it was a great day. The first thing I heard in the morning was "Happy Birthday Mommy" from my sweet Arabella. She jumped in bed and gave me the best Birthday card ever...she had decorated the inside of a very cute card for me (she also gave me Jay's card)! After Arabella woke up from her nap, Jay took her shopping to pick up dinner and a cake. Since he admits he is cooking challenged, he brought home a menu from an Italian restaurant that we had not tried. It was a good choice...everything was delicious. Arabella even enjoyed her pasta! I had a great pizza and for an appetizer we shared poached pears stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in prosciutto with a balsamic glaze...to die for! I would go back to the restaurant for those alone!


When Arabella and Jay got home from the store, she was so excited about the cake she picked out...it was a chocolate cake and she couldn't wait to MAKE it for me!
She also picked out beautiful sunflowers for my. They are one of my favorite flowers and they were are so pretty, great job picking them out Little Bean!


Arabella had so much fun making and decorating my cake. It was warm, right out of the oven and so good. She was so excited to try it and have me try it as well, that I couldn't even cut it! All the manners flew out the window and we just dove right in with forks on the serving plate.






I was even able to enjoy a glass (or two) of my favorite cupcake wine, Red Velvet, after dinner! Thank you for a great Birthday Jay & Arabella! I love you both!

No comments: