Last weekend, I found a posting for a free entertainment cabinet on a Facebook Group that I belong to. I had been searching for a bookcase for Arabella's room since she had outgrown the bookshelf that Jay had made for her when she was a baby. Jay at one point thought he wanted to build her one, but that plan was soon replaced with his purchase of the "new" car and all the other car projects that he wants to do. But, I digress, when I saw the posting, I jumped at it. All it would cost me was the gas and time to go get it as well as my time to re-paint it. I picked up up last Wednesday with the idea that if I got it home and Jay looked at it and decided that it was going to be too much work, I would be able to put it right out at the curb since Thursday is garbage day.

It was pretty gross looking and I wasn't sure washing and sanding it would make a difference. But I wanted to at least try, so yesterday I borrowed a power sander from friends and got to work. Arabella came out to say goodnight to me and even wanted to help...I was almost done and I let her paint the bottom shelves with me. She did a great job!

I was amazed this morning how good it looked after about 2 hours of work and just one coat of fresh paint! I really do love it and it reminds me of the office furniture that I want from Pottery Barn.

We had to do a little bit of rearranging in her bedroom for this to fit, but it looks great. And Arabella couldn't be more excited to have a bookcase for her books!
No comments:
Post a Comment