Sunday, May 22, 2011

Arabella's PINKALICIOUS 3rd Birthday Party

Today, Arabella has her Pinkalicious birthday party with her friends! She had been so excited all week for her party. Every morning when she would wake up, she would as if her friends were coming to her house for her party. And each morning, we would have to tell her "Not until Sunday". She would seem a little disappointed but quickly get over it. But when Creston, Ava, Amy and Big Creston arrived on Friday evening from Toronto, she knew her party was getting closer. And last night when I put her to bed, you could tell she was getting excited about it! I was up at 5:30 this morning, preparing the food and frosting her cake and when she came down stairs, she came running into the kitchen to see what I was doing for her party. It was too adorable.




One of her favorite books is Pinkalicious. We decided to do that as her theme since it is very cute - pink, pink and more pink - perfect for Arabella. I think she loves pink as much as Pinkalicious does. I could have gone crazy with pink food, but in the end decided on on a few pink food items and easy finger foods and pink lemonade. I decorated using as much pink as possible and I found beautiful pink Gerbera daisy's, they were perfect. In keeping with the pink theme, we also asked people to wear pink. It was great, Gigi wore pink crocs, the girls had on pink dresses, and the dad's and boy's wore pink shirts!

We started the party by reading the Pinkalicious story and then did a fun craft where the kids put stickers on crowns like what Pinkalicious wears. We had a great lunch and then played pin the cherry on the cupcake and we had a pinata which was a hit with the kids. It was a pull string pinata so there was so whacking it with a stick - didn't want anyone to get knocked out!

Storytime!Listening so well to the story of Pinkalicious.

Yum - pink lemonade.

Candy!

Pin the cherry on the cupcake!

Before we knew it, it was time for cake! I made the Pinkalicious cupcake from the book, with one minor difference, it wasn't pink! OK - it wasn't minor, but I don't think the kids noticed.


Arabella was so excited when I brought out her cake and it was adorable to hear all the kids singing to her. We had to relight the candle 3 times so they could all help her blow it out!



After the cake, Arabella couldn't wait to open her presents. All of her friends helped her and it was so much fun. There was paper and cards flying every which way and it was so good to see sharing going on.
Hugs from Christina!




It is amazing how quickly the party goes when you put some much time and preparation into it. I know that Arabella had a great time and was so excited to share the day with her friends. Thank you to everyone who came and shared in Arabella's PINKALICIOUS 3rd Birthday!

No comments: