
Today the weather is beautiful! But I am stuck inside catching up on some school work. I do however have my office window open so I can get some fresh air and hear the birds chirping. It is such a welcome change! Before we left Boston last week, my brother gave me a few magazines to read in the car that my grandmother had sent to him. It is called Birds & Blooms, much different than the fashion, parenting, health and dare I say, gossip magazines that I read. It was nice to read something different and it gave me some great ideas for things to do in the yard and to plant with Arabella when the weather warms up more. One thing that stuck me was a poem that was written by Barbara Stanley of Blairsville, Georgia and was published on the back cover of the February/March 2011 issue. It is a beautiful poem and so inspirational for this time of year. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Awakening
Crocus ladies awake to sing,
"Get up, get up, it's time for spring."
The daffodils have just begun to feel the early warmth of sun.
The robin arrives to hunt the worm,
Scratching around on yonder berm,
While redbirds fly and look for twigs,
A nest to build in the tree of figs.
"Awake, awake," the early blooms sing to all the sleeping signs of spring.
"Get out of bed now and grow anew; let colors burst and leaves renew."
No comments:
Post a Comment