This morning Arabella had her first riding lesson and so much more! Our friend, Marie-Claude, has a couple of horses and offered to take Arabella to the stable. So this morning, since it was such a beautiful day, we decided to meet Marie-Claude and her son, Matteo, at the stable. Arabella was so excited when I told her she was going to go riding! As soon as we got there, she couldn't wait to meet Dakota. On the way up to his paddock, Marie-Claude talked to her about how she she be calm, not talk loudly, what to look for. It was a crash course for Arabella and some reminders for me, since I hadn't ridden in a very long time. As soon as we got there, it was love at first sight! She was so unafraid of him - and rightfully so, he is a gentle giant - she went up to him with Marie-Claude and was so gentle.


She watched everything that Marie-Claude did and wanted to do it all. She groomed him, clean his hooves, and put ointment on a little bite he had. She watched intently every step of the way, taking all if it in. Once all the prep work was done, I watched Matteo and Arabella had her first lesson!




She was such a natural! She loved every minute of it and even loved riding him herself.




I even had a chance to ride Dakota with her and was loving it. It has been too long and I could really see myself getting back into it! Now, the only tricky part is convincing Jay that riding is in her future!
No comments:
Post a Comment