Santa made a surprise visit to our playgroup on Friday morning. At least the kids were surprised, us moms on the other hand, were in on the secret! The kids were so excited at the prospect of Santa arriving, that when he walked in they were in awe. I don't think they actually thought he was going to show up. Arabella was not too sure what to make of Santa and I wasn't sure how she would react. Last year, she sat on his lap and had this look on her face like who is this person that you left me with. This year, from afar she liked Santa, she had a huge smile on her face and you could tell that she was excited, but she wouldn't leave my side. We were lucky to have our friend Sheila, photographer extraordinaire, take photos of the kids. When it came to Arabella's turn to sit on Santa's lap, she wouldn't let go of me and started screaming. So I had to go with her to see Santa and then she sat on my lap for the picture. So I am curious to see how it turned out, I am sure it is cute. Everyone brought a breakfast dish to pass and a gift for Santa to give each child. I made a very yummy "breakfast pizza" with fresh berries and mascarpone cheese. We had a great time and it was a fun way to spend a Friday morning!
Reflections and Observations of a Fashionista Mom and Former American Expatriate Missing Montreal
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Breakfast with Santa
Santa made a surprise visit to our playgroup on Friday morning. At least the kids were surprised, us moms on the other hand, were in on the secret! The kids were so excited at the prospect of Santa arriving, that when he walked in they were in awe. I don't think they actually thought he was going to show up. Arabella was not too sure what to make of Santa and I wasn't sure how she would react. Last year, she sat on his lap and had this look on her face like who is this person that you left me with. This year, from afar she liked Santa, she had a huge smile on her face and you could tell that she was excited, but she wouldn't leave my side. We were lucky to have our friend Sheila, photographer extraordinaire, take photos of the kids. When it came to Arabella's turn to sit on Santa's lap, she wouldn't let go of me and started screaming. So I had to go with her to see Santa and then she sat on my lap for the picture. So I am curious to see how it turned out, I am sure it is cute. Everyone brought a breakfast dish to pass and a gift for Santa to give each child. I made a very yummy "breakfast pizza" with fresh berries and mascarpone cheese. We had a great time and it was a fun way to spend a Friday morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment