Monday, June 28, 2010

Montreal Jazz Festival

Yesterday we went to the Montreal Jazz Festival. It is a pretty big deal and runs from June 25th to July 6th. I was shocked to see such big name artists Stevie Wonder (who performed last year), Lionel Ritchie, Lauryn Hill, Brian Setzer and many others. http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/default-en.aspx


Yesterday was the perfect day to be outside and enjoy great music. The area where the festival is located has streets blocked off, many different stages and places to sit and relax. At any given time, there a multiple shows going on and the atmosphere is wonderful! I would go again this year just to hear more great music while sitting in the sunshine. Plus it is very family friendly, with a large play area for kids, splash pad and even a specific diaper changing area. We had the perfect Sunday!

This is just a sample of some of the music we heard. This band was great! I think they are Montreal Dixie, but we can't totally figure out if it was them or not, but whoever it was, I would listen to them again.

No comments: