I know some of you may still think I am crazy for doing this raw food "diet" but I have to tell you that I feel great. I am working out twice a day and in less than a month, I have lost over 10 pounds. For me it is about incorporating small changes in my diet (as well as Jay and Arabella's). We have started to cut out many processed foods. All of the meat that Jay and Arabella (sometimes I will eat meat, but it is not that often) eat is organic. I am on my third book about raw food and when I am done, I will have a separate post on them. It is so interesting to read about how small changes can have such an impact on your overall health and well being.
Reflections and Observations of a Fashionista Mom and Former American Expatriate Missing Montreal
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Kitchen Helper
Arabella loves to help me make my green smoothies in the morning. Yesterday she wanted to help me make my dinner. For dinner I made zucchini spaghetti with pesto and nutritional yeast (a yeast that is yellow in color and has a nutty cheesy flavor. It is an inactive yeast that is a favorite amongst many vegans because of its unique flavor and similarity to cheese when added to foods.) It was a great meal and hit the spot with me. Jay tried it and he said it was really good. Maybe I will be able to get him to eat raw food after all.




I know some of you may still think I am crazy for doing this raw food "diet" but I have to tell you that I feel great. I am working out twice a day and in less than a month, I have lost over 10 pounds. For me it is about incorporating small changes in my diet (as well as Jay and Arabella's). We have started to cut out many processed foods. All of the meat that Jay and Arabella (sometimes I will eat meat, but it is not that often) eat is organic. I am on my third book about raw food and when I am done, I will have a separate post on them. It is so interesting to read about how small changes can have such an impact on your overall health and well being.
I know some of you may still think I am crazy for doing this raw food "diet" but I have to tell you that I feel great. I am working out twice a day and in less than a month, I have lost over 10 pounds. For me it is about incorporating small changes in my diet (as well as Jay and Arabella's). We have started to cut out many processed foods. All of the meat that Jay and Arabella (sometimes I will eat meat, but it is not that often) eat is organic. I am on my third book about raw food and when I am done, I will have a separate post on them. It is so interesting to read about how small changes can have such an impact on your overall health and well being.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment