Friday, September 12, 2014

Halloween Sampler

When Arabella was a baby, before we moved to Montreal, we were visiting Dennis & Ricki.  Ricki and I were talking about cross-stitch, which she is very gifted at, and began to look at all her patterns.  I used to do cross-stitch when I was younger and enjoyed it.  She let me take a pattern and I went out and purchased all the supplies that I would need to complete it.  Well, I never started it, it was packed up and moved from Ohio to Montreal and Montreal to Charlotte.  I had good intentions of starting and completing the project.  Well, that never happened and on Dennis & Ricki's visit in October of 2013, the pattern and all the supplies went back to Ohio with them.  Ricki offered to complete it for me since she had no more grandchildren to make samplers for.  I had forgotten about it until a package arrived with the completed cross-stitch inside.  I was thrilled to see it completed and fell in love with it.  Autumn and October are my favorite seasons - I am so excited to be able to display this framed piece with our other holiday decorations and I will treasure it for a very long time.


No comments: