Sunday, September 28, 2014

Arabella's Loose Tooth

Arabella has had a wiggly tooth since December.  The dentist showed us that it was loose in December, but it stayed put until today.  At her check-up in June, her tooth was still stuck in there tight.  She was so anxious to loose a tooth.  Almost all of her friends have lost teeth and she wanted to loose one too.  Finally, it started to get very, very wiggly and she kept playing with it.  For days, it seemed like it would fall out, but it didn't.  Then this afternoon, I was sitting out on the patio and she came running out, saying "Mom, Mom, I have to show you something!!"  And when I looked up, there was her first tooth, in the palm of her hand.


She was so exited!!  It was so cute!



 She was talking non-stop about the tooth fairy and how she couldn't wait to put it under her pillow,  and would the tooth fairy actually come, and how would she know where she lived.  I loved her excitement and wonder about the whole situation.  I assured her that the tooth fairy would be able to find her and her tooth.  And sure enough, the next morning when she woke up, she had sparkly fairy dust on her pillow and in her hair and underneath her pillow was $5 and a special tooth fairy coin from Canada!  Such a bittersweet moment for me and her.  I loved seeing the look on her face - it was pure magic.

No comments: