Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Treehouse Vineyards

We took the opportunity to visit a local vineyard when Dennis & Ricki visited. We drove to Monroe and a vineyard called Treehouse Vineyards. It is a small family run vineyard in one of the most unlikely places. You have to go through a neighborhood that looks a little rough around the edges and then it is just right there...a bit odd if you ask me.

We had beautiful weather and the tasting was out on a patio. We tasted about 8 wines...all of which were pretty sweet. They were good, but not the type of wine I enjoy. After the tasting, we had a tour of the wine making area which is pretty small. It was interesting to see how a smaller operation works, as I just have the Napa winery's that I have visited as a reference point. Arabella and Max had a good time too. Arabella wanted so badly to taste the wine, but all we did was let her smell it. We also took some time to explore the fields and then enjoy the beautiful Autumn day on one of the patios.

I think we all enjoyed ourselves...it was a nice relaxing Sunday afternoon!


















No comments: