Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkin Carving

Gone are the days of carving a simple Jack-o-Lantern face on a pumpkin! Yesterday, we spent part of the afternoon in the backyard, yes, outside, carving pumpkins. I guess that is what happens when it is 75 or so degrees at the end of October. besides, it was better to make the mess out in the yard than in the kitchen, right?? Arabella decided that Max needed to have a pirate carved on his pumpkin and she was hell bent on having a princess. She wanted a very complicated and over the top sleeping beauty one and both Jay and I said no way...so instead, I was roped into carving Sofia the First, one of the new Disney princesses. It could have been more complicated, but after 45 minutes, a knife breaking and Arabella wanting to carve, it was as good as it was gonna get. I am actually impressed at how well they came out. Jay took the easy route and just did a bat on his. Max and Arabella had fun playing with the guts of the pumpkins, too! Last night we lit the pumpkins and I have to say, they did come out really good! Arabella loves hers, which is all that matters. The things we do for our kids...Happy Halloween! I am off to roast pumpkin seeds and make pumpkin biscotti.








No comments: