Reflections and Observations of a Fashionista Mom and Former American Expatriate Missing Montreal
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
My 38th Birthday
I can't believe that earlier this month I turned 38! When I look in the mirror, I don't think I like that old...and is it really even that old...but I think to myself, why the heck is time flying by??
My dad was filled with love and surprises. Arabella woke up and told me "Happy Birthday" and then she asked if we could bring cupcakes to her class at school so they could celebrate my birthday...can she get any sweeter?? I just love my girl! When Jay came back from Nashville in the early afternoon, he walked in with a large box containing flowers...I thought they were from him, but he said he couldn't take credit. I don't remember the last time I received flowers on my birthday so it was a wonderful surprise. I opened the box and found the nicest card from Bram and the boys in Beaconsfield...THANK YOU for brightening my day!
And then just a little while later, the door bell rang and another sweet surprise showed up.
An edible arrangement from my girls in Montreal! It was delicious and we loved it. It was hard for me to share since I love fruit. THANK YOU my HOT HUDSON MOMS! I also received phone calls and messages from near and far so I totally felt the birthday love.
That evening, Waxhaw had the First Friday activities that they have every first Friday of the each month. This month, since it was October, it was First FRIGHTday, with activities for Halloween. This is the first time we attended, and for being free, it was nice. It got us out of the house and exploring "downtown" Waxhaw. There was pumpkin decorating (totally free):
And there were bounce houses and all of the businesses had trick-or-treating on the sidewalks. Arabella also did a "haunted" obstacle course...it wasn't scary at all and she seemed to be serious when she was figuring out her plan of attack on the course!
We even took a spooky carriage ride. Arabella loved it!
There was also a talk about North Carolina's state dog - the Plott Hound. It was pretty interesting and the dog was beautiful. We didn't stay for the whole lecture but it was fun to learn a fact about our new state - who knew that there was a State dog!
We had dinner at a nice little Italian restaurant - Mama Lena's! It was packed and they were busy, but it was worth the wait. The food was delicious and I know we will go back again. Max even had his first taste of Italian bread - he loved it! I think he is going to be a little Italian just like his sister.
When we got home, Jay and Arabella decorated the kitchen! It was so cute, Arabella had to guide me with my eyes closed so that it would be a surprise! Jay even picked up a yummy vanilla and chocolate cake. It was delicious!
I had a wonderful Birthday! Thank you Jay, Arabella, Max & everyone else for giving such a beautiful day! I am so blessed and thankful. I hope that the year ahead is just as great at my day was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment