Sunday, December 18, 2011

Casse Noisette a/k/a The Nutcracker


I decided this year that I would start a new tradition that Arabella and I could do each year at Christmas! Back in September, I purchased tickets for us to go to The Nutcracker at Place des Arts in Montreal. I was a little hesitant to buy tickets as it was $98 for just the 2 of us to go, but it is something that I remember doing with my Mom at Christmas and I thought Arabella would love it...and she did! She was so excited to get dressed up in her Christmas dress and to go see the ballerinas. We had seats in the mezzanine - first row, center - and they were perfect. Arabella had a birds eye view of what was going on and was mesmerized by the dancers on stage. It was a full length production - 2 hours with an intermission and even though we went right at nap time, Arabella did great. It was only the last 10 - 15 minutes where she started to get antsy. It was a beautiful production and Arabella already said she wants to go back next year!

No comments: