Here are a few shots of some of the scenery along the way...
So first stop was Rimouski, Quebec. Rimouski is farther north than Quebec City. It was beautiful and as soon as we stepped out of the car at the hotel, which was right across the road from the St. Lawrence River, it reminded me of the beach. It smelled like the beach growing up, the wind seemed the same and it made me think of how I belong near the ocean.
The next morning we got up and traveled farther north to Mont-Joli and visited a Les Jardins des Metis. Along the way, we stopped in a small town to check out the coast and it was low tide. I had to take Arabella out of the car and we explored the sand bars, just like I used to do at the beach when I was little. She loved playing in the tide pools, picking up seashells and looking for crabs. We had fun!
Then we were back in the car to head to Les Jardins (http://www.jardinsdemetis.com/francais/). They were beautiful. It was so quiet and serene and there were a lot of people there. We had a nice lunch after walking around the gardens and then we got back in the car to make the trip east to Bathurst, New Brunswick, our next stop.
Jay had to visit the dealer and Bathurst, so Arabella and I hung out in the hotel while we waited for him to finish his work. While waiting Arabella, had fun making coffee for me!
Once he was done, we loaded up the car and to make the final leg of our trip to Prince Edward Island! Along the way we looked for moose and Arabella snoozed. And before we made it to the Island, we had to cross Confederation Bridge, which is 12.9 kilometers (or 8 miles)long, the longest in the world crossing ice-covered water (although there wasn't any ice when we crossed it)!
And after a little more driving once we crossed the bridge, we had made it! And I (and Arabella, too) was so very happy to be out of the car and into the hotel!
No comments:
Post a Comment