Thursday, August 26, 2010

Finnegan's Market and IKEA

On Saturday, we decided to head off the island and go to Finnegan's Market in Hudson. Finnegan's is a antique flea market of sorts which also has fresh fruit, veggies, baked goods and crafts. It was an overcast and drizzly day, but it didn't stop us from poking around and checking out the wares. Arabella ate her way through the market, she and Jay shared hot dogs, brownies and she even wanted some of the berries that I bought. And I finally found an old wooden swivel desk chair that I have been wanting and I must say that it is more comfortable than our regular chair and I don't even have a pad for the seat yet! Best of all, we got it for $40! We will definitely be making another trip to Finnegan's!











While Arabella napped and since it was a rainy afternoon, I took Mom to IKEA. She had never been to IKEA before and this was certainly an experience for her. As soon as we got to the parking lot, we had to follow someone to their car so we could get their parking space. The store was mobbed, you would think that they were giving things away...but to our dismay, they were not! As we walked around and explored the store, it seemed as if the parking lot deceived us. It was busy, but no more busy than I had seen on other occasions. However, as soon as we turned the corner to get in line at the registers, we got an eye full! Every line was packed and it was just a sea of people. The lines moved along, maybe we waited 20 minutes, so not too bad. Mom had a good time for her first trip and It was fun to have some time just with Mom since we don't get to do that too often.



No comments: