Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July



The 4th of July has to be one of my favorite holidays. I love BBQ's, going to the beach, warm weather, and of course the fireworks. Some of my favorite Summer memories surround Summers spent on the beach in Westbrook with family and friends and a good 4th of July celebration weekend. There is something to be said about sitting on the beach at night watching the fireworks explode over the water - it is beautiful and awe inspiring. Oh, how I miss the beach, the friendships and the thought that we will be young fprever and thinking Summer will never end. Sitting here thinking about 4th of July's past conjures up memories of Summer's past and it makes me a little emotional. I guess I miss my family as they celebrate America's Independence and being in a different country that sees today as just an ordinary Sunday is a little bit different and difficult.

With the above being said, Arabella, Auntie Lori and I had a great day and celebrated in our own way. We spent the early afternoon at L'Oratoire Saint-Joseph du Mont-Royal. Arabella had to walk up all of the steps to the top and boy, was it a workout. Afterwards we walked through a garden that had statues depicting the Stations of the Cross, the gardens were beautiful and calming. And there was even pool and fountain where Arabella enjoyed throwing pennies. Afterwards, instead of going to the packed pool, we filled Arabella's pool in the backyard so we could play and relax to enjoy the rest of the day. We even had a little cookout.



















Lori and I will celebrate America and the half way point of Summer more after Arabella goes to bed with margaritas and a fire outside. Maybe we will even roast marshmallows! I hope that everyone has a safe and fun Independence Day! Happy 4th of July!!

2 comments:

Alana said...

Even thought you're in Canada, sounds like you still had a fun 4th of July :) I miss Westbrook too! Guess we'll all have to make new summer memories with our families and new friends. I love your starfish flip flops! Where did you buy them?

Shana said...

They are my favorite flip flops. Jay bought them for me for my birthday when we were on our honeymoon in Hawaii! I would love to find another pair to have keep in case something happens to these ones! Hope you had a nice 4th!