Friday, July 30, 2010

Can't A Girl Get Some Greek Yogurt, Part 2

You may remember my post from March and my inability to find Greek yogurt in Montreal, , well, that has changed. The Greek Yogurt Gods have granted my wish and I can now find it at Loblaws! I thought I was seeing things when I saw it advertised in the flyer last week. Jay even commented on it, so when he said something I knew it must be true. When Arabella and I went shopping Monday morning I was all excited and couldn't wait to pick some up...but when we got to where it should have been on the shelf, it was empty. Bummer, I was disappointed since I had been looking forward to the creamy and tart flavor. So I asked if they had any in back...no luck, but they would have some back in stock on Wednesday morning. Fast forward to Wednesday and Arabella and I head to the store when she got up from her nap. As I am pushing the cart down the aisle, I notice that the shelf is still empty. You have got to be kidding me, so again I ask, and when the clerk comes over to me with one container, I let out a little yelp, I was so happy to see the container. Arabella looked at me like I had two heads and said "Mama, Mama" like something was wrong. I think the clerk also looked at me like I was crazy. But he then asked if I wanted another container and I said "Sure" and was super excited then, 2 containers, all to myself (Jay and Arabella are not a fan, and besides, they like the full fat Liberte yogurt)! I think he must have felt sorry for me because he handed me 3 containers instead of 1 so, now I have 4 in the refrigerator. And when I had it yesterday for lunch, I was in heaven. Amazing! Now, it is more expensive than I am used to paying (but then again, what isn't more expensive here???) but I did get it on sale for 2 for $8.00 when it is regularly $4.79 a container! And yes, it might not be "raw" like I have been eating, but there are a few things I am not ready to give up just yet and this is one of them!

No comments: