They had prosciutto, hunks of Parmesan cheese, fresh pasta, more olives than you can imagine, antipasto, fresh bread, pizza, and cannoli, just to name a few. When Arabella spotted all the olives, she wanted to climb in the case, we had to pull her away, she loves her olives! She is turning into quite the little Italian! We tried some of the pizza. I tried one that was just olive oil, garlic, oregano and some other herbs and reminded me of one that my Poppy used to make when I was little. Jay had one with spinach, artichokes and mushrooms and it was great! Arabella even had a taste of her first cannoli!
Reflections and Observations of a Fashionista Mom and Former American Expatriate Missing Montreal
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Italian Market
I know this may sound odd, especially since we live in a predominately French area...but we found an Italian market! Yes, a true Italian market, it totally reminds me of one that you would find on Franklin Ave. I was in heaven and we will be shopping there again since it is about 5 minutes from our house. Jay was even impressed!
They had prosciutto, hunks of Parmesan cheese, fresh pasta, more olives than you can imagine, antipasto, fresh bread, pizza, and cannoli, just to name a few. When Arabella spotted all the olives, she wanted to climb in the case, we had to pull her away, she loves her olives! She is turning into quite the little Italian! We tried some of the pizza. I tried one that was just olive oil, garlic, oregano and some other herbs and reminded me of one that my Poppy used to make when I was little. Jay had one with spinach, artichokes and mushrooms and it was great! Arabella even had a taste of her first cannoli!
They had prosciutto, hunks of Parmesan cheese, fresh pasta, more olives than you can imagine, antipasto, fresh bread, pizza, and cannoli, just to name a few. When Arabella spotted all the olives, she wanted to climb in the case, we had to pull her away, she loves her olives! She is turning into quite the little Italian! We tried some of the pizza. I tried one that was just olive oil, garlic, oregano and some other herbs and reminded me of one that my Poppy used to make when I was little. Jay had one with spinach, artichokes and mushrooms and it was great! Arabella even had a taste of her first cannoli!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yum! We would be in heaven, when can we visit?!Prosciutto/antipasto, fresh baked Italian bread and cannoli's are some of our favorite foods. Sounds like you are living in a great area- full of culture and fun! Arabella is lucky to be growing up surrounded by such cool places :)
Post a Comment