Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Diet Motiviation

I thought this poem might give some of you who have resolved to get back on the diet bandwagon some motivation as well as a little laugh. I received this from my old Weight Watchers leader in Ohio.


IT'S JANUARY!

'Twas the month after Christmas when all thru the house,
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse!
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste,
at the holiday parties had gone to my waist!
I remember the marvelous meals all prepared,
the gravies and sauces, the beef "nicely rared".
The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese and the way I NEVER said,
"No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt,
I said to myself (as only I can), "You can't spend a winter disguised as a MAN!"
So, -away with the last of the sour cream dip, get rid of the fruit cake,
every cracker & chip!
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished,
'til all of the additional "ounces" have vanished!
I won't have a cookie, not even a lick!
I'll want only to chew on a crisp celery stick!
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry...I'm lonesome...and life is a bore!
But, isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot,
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! and to all A GOOD DIET!

No comments: