While there has been joy and laughter over this past week, my heart has also been filled with sadness as our family lost two beloved people. Last Thursday night, my grandmother passed away and heaven received another angel. She was a kind, gentle, caring soul who loved nature, wildlife and was a conservationist before it was popular to be one. Grandma passed her love of owls and cardinals on to Arabella. She loved to watch football, any sport actually and was a die-hard Ohio State fan. We miss you Gram, I hope you know how much you are loved.
While still processing the death of my grandmother, on Sunday evening, my step-father lost his battle with lung cancer. Allan was a stubborn, smart man who taught me much about politics. Even though we butted heads about some topics, I tried to respect his views and over time, we came to a happy medium. He loved Arabella and Maxton, always wanting new pictures of them for his wallet, he was proud of them and they love him. Arabella was always drawing him pictures and writing him notes to make him feel better.
While I know that they are both at peace and in a better place, the hole that has been left in our hearts is big. I know over time, the hole will heal. I miss you and love you both more than you know. Heaven has gained two more angels who are already watching over our family. Thank you to everyone who has been keeping my family, especially my mother, in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time, it is appreciated more than you know





No comments:
Post a Comment