Sunday, December 21, 2014

Road Trip to Asheville, North Carolina

Instead of going out to dinner or the movies for our anniversary in September, we decided to make a weekend out of it, by going to visit someplace new.  We decided to go to Asheville and make it a family affair.  I have always wanted to visit the Biltmore Estate and we thought it would be nice to see all decorated for the holidays so we waited to take the trip until now.

I was hoping that we would hit a bit of snow seeing that we would be going through the mountains, but we had no such luck.  We did have gray and cloudy winter skies along the way though.



And we saw a sign for the Bat Cave....I tried to get Jay to stop to see if we could find Batman and Robin, but he wasn't game...


We had a great hotel room and Jack surprised us by being there when we arrived.  He sure can fly fast!


Before heading out to check out Historic Asheville and to grab some dinner, we relaxed...



We walked around a bit and found a really yummy place to eat.  Well Bred was delicious and I wouldn't hesitate to go back if I am ever in Asheville again.








                                                          Arabella being a Lululemon model!





On the way back to the hotel, we decided to take a ride through the Lake Julian Festival of Lights.  I love riding through Christmas lights and listening to music.  The kids loved it too and it was a fun way to enjoy some Christmas cheer!











No comments: