Friday, April 20, 2012

Road Trip With Jay

Last week, Jay had to go to Quebec City for work and Arabella and I decided to tag along. We left on Thursday after I went to the gym (I had to get my Spartan training in) and when she was out of preschool for the day. It was a quick overnight trip, but it was still nice to get away for a bit as a family. Arabella did great in the 3 hour car ride and was so excited to check into the hotel. She couldn't wait to check out the room!
It was fun to be up so high in the hotel and in a room that had huge windows - we had great views of the City. Arabella loved sitting on the window seat and seeing what she could "spy".
This was the first time we, as a family, had stayed at a Loews Hotel. It was great and they really cater to families and those with pets. I have stayed in some pretty fancy hotels in NYC and elsewhere and I am not sure that I have ever seen either one of these room service menus:
Once we were settled in, we decided to explore a little before dinner. It was sunny but a little chilly out, but we were still able to enjoy the area.






Arabella thought this was a princess castle...too sweet.
How funny that they had to post a sign telling people they couldn't camp in the parking lots!

We had dinner at a fun Spanish restaurant...I know we probably should have found a great French restaurant, but we liked the menu and they were fancy but child friendly...bonus!

I was able to grab a few night shots that came out great...I have to say it again, I love my camera!!


We were up bright and early the next morning since Arabella had to check out what was going on outside the huge windows...sunlight flooded the room in an instant! Sure enough there were things to see including a cargo ship going down the St. Lawrence.
Jay had to work so it was just an Arabella and Mommy morning. We had breakfast in the restaurant at the hotel that revolved - Arabella loved the buffet and being able to see all of the City. It was a lot of fun.
After breakfast we decided to explore the City and we had a ball. We walked around, had a coffee and chocolate muffin from Starbucks by the River, and found many, many parks and fun places before Jay came to get us.





We enjoyed a bite to eat in the sunshine before getting in the car to head home!
Dipping her fries in mayo...just like me!
Loved this salad - pears, almonds and feta cheese!
Thanks Dad for letting us tag along!

No comments: