One of my favorite things about living in Canada is not working and being able to stay home with Arabella. For the past 2 1/2 weeks, Arabella and I have been on holiday a.k.a vacation in Florida. We were supposed to leave on Tuesday but we decided to stay 3 extra days. This is in part to Jay being out of town this week. Originally, he was going to meet us at the airport, load us in the car and then head back into the terminal to get on a plane to Nova Scotia. I wasn't looking forward to the potential colossal meltdown Arabella could have when he went back into the airport since she had not seen him in over 2 weeks. So when the opportunity to stay 3 more days (thanks to Delta screwing up and Jeff - who works for American - coming to the rescue), I jumped at it! We were able to spend more time with family and enjoy the perfect weather.
As I write this entry, I am sitting by the pool enjoying the sun, warm breeze and absolutely no humidity. The weather (and another blog I follow - Pink of Perfection) inspired this post and Thursday's Thoughts. Thursday's Thoughts will become a regular post where I reflect on my five senses and how they are impacting my day.
Hearing: The most perfect sound - Arabella's giggle as she splashes and plays in the pool with Uncle Mike.
Tasting: A Peach Milkshake from Chick-Fil-A...so yummy!
Seeing: A Cloudless blue sky and the ripples from the breeze on the pool.
Smelling: The sweet smell of Orange Blossoms in bloom.
Feeling: The warm sun and breeze against my skin.
When was the last time you thought about your five senses??
No comments:
Post a Comment