Last Thursday evening, we took a family outing to the International Fair. (It was a rare occasion that Jay was in town!) The International Fair is put on by the schools in Arabella's school cluster. I am not sure how schools are included, but at the Fair, 2 elementary, a middle and a high school, we represented. Arabella was very, very excited to go and couldn't wait to show us the presentation that her class put together. Each class, I believe, learned about a different country and then had to present information about the country. I reminded me of what science fairs are like, but just with different cultures and not science. I was surprised at how many countries were represented - France, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, United Kingdom, Scotland, Peru, China, Japan - and many others. Arabella's class did their presentation on India...it was nice to see the art work and to hear her tell us about what she learned.

When we visited the other presentations, some had hands on learning. She tried to make Stonehenge, she made origami and tried writing in Chinese! Along the way, she had her "passport" stamped and brought it into school to earn a trip to the "treat box".
She was very happy to see two of her classmates and they had fun running around for a bit!
No comments:
Post a Comment