It is hard to believe that Arabella started Kindergarten today. We were both a bit nervous as we didn't know what to expect. She told me last night that she misses Montreal, her friends there and her old teachers. She said she wanted to go back to Magic Circle and then started crying. It just broke my heart and I had no idea what she was going to be like this morning. But when I woke her up, when it was still pitch black out, she said she was excited and she got right up and proceeded to get ready for school. School starts at 7:30 which is so very, very early for little kids...I guess they do it that early because supposedly elementary school kids perform better earlier in the day. The new routine will be a big adjustment for all of us. I could tell when she was eating her breakfast she was starting to get nervous and little apprehensive about going. And when we got to school and new the teachers, she was a bit shy and wasn't her normal outgoing self. Only part of the kindergarten class started today, on Friday, we have an open house to see which teacher she is assigned to and she will then meet all of her new classmates. And then on Tuesday, the school routine officially starts. I think she will do amazing this year. She was all smiles and very excited when she came out to the car this afternoon. I am so proud of you Arabella, you were so brave and stronger than Mommy this morning. You didn't shed a single tear, I cried a ton after I left you. It was so very hard to leave you with teachers we don't know a thing about. I worry so much about you and your safety, but I know that you will be just fine.
The car drop off line and the beautiful sunrise!
Heading in to school. She look so brave and mature...where is my Little Bean?!
All smiles at the end of Day 1!


No comments:
Post a Comment