Arabella and I were so lucky earlier this month - we were able to go with Jay to Nova Scotia. He had to go for work and we were able to find really cheap airfare so we tagged along with him. We got to do lots of fun stuff while Jay worked and visited customers and work sites. It was nice to get away for a little while and spend time doing fun things with Arabella before the little guy arrives.
Our hotel had a great indoor pool with 2 hot tubs and even an indoor water slide. Arabella is such a little fish and was so excited to see the pool and then when she saw the water slide she couldn't believe it. We actually just stayed in a Hampton Inn...nothing fancy but it was a great treat. She spent hours in the pool and on the slide. One evening, she and Jay had a ton of fun going down the slide. They had it all to themselves. She loved it!
On our second day in Halifax, the weather was unseasonably warm...19c...so Arabella and I ventured out to find the beach. With both of us being beach babes, we couldn't go to Nova Scotia with out hitting the beach, even in November. We were lucky as the tide was out and at the first beach we found in Lawrencetown we watched kite surfers. Arabella had so much fun running around on the beach and sand bars and dipping her toes in the Atlantic Ocean. I was surprised at how warm the water actually was. We enjoyed and afternoon in the sun and sand, even if it wasn't in our bathing suits!
We ventured on to a 2nd beach in Lawrencetown, this one much rockier and with more surf and even surfers. Arabella had more fun playing in the surf and sandbars. We had a great afternoon in the fresh sea air. I just love it and miss being near the beach.
She even fell in and got back up and played some more!
We had dinner with one of Jay's friends...a huge lobster dinner...Jay ate 3 all by himself! I guess he was making up for me!
We had a very rainy and windy day - kind of how I picture Nova Scotia weather so Arabella and I ventured to the Discovery Center in downtown Halifax. I was a small place, but was a good way to spend a few hours before heading back to the hotel area for yummy lunch and then nap time...for both of us.
Before leaving on Thursday, we walked around the harbor area in Halifax. It was a windy and cool day. We had fun walking around and seeing some of the sights. We also found a great park that had tons of walking trails and so we hiked around there before heading to the airport to come home.
But before getting on the plane, we had one last stop to make at the airport. We had to see the LOBSTERS! Arabella couldn't believe how many there were at the store where Jay sometimes picks up lobster to bring home with him. And they were all so big!
We had a great trip! Both Arabella and I were so happy that we were able to tag along and get to see the sights of Nova Scotia.


No comments:
Post a Comment