Tuesday, October 16, 2012

She Loves Her Baby Brother

Arabella is so excited to be a big sister in January.  She often asks me what he is doing or saying.  It is the sweetest thing.  She talks to my stomach and even says goodnight to him.  It just melts my heart.  I would love to be able to bring her with me when I go for my ultrasounds, but you never know if I am going to be called right in or end up sitting there for who knows how long (just one of the joys of socialized medicine).  So instead, I usually end up bringing her home ultrasound photos of him (that we have to pay for...$5 for 1 photo or $10 for 3...highway robbery in my book...but again...that is socialized medicine).  (So far we have only paid $35 for this pregnancy which doesn't include the cost for the pictures...good deal in my book and the standard of care is right up there with the US.)  Often she wants to look at the pictures and will spend quite some time looking at them.  I just love it.  You can tell how much she loves him already.


And did I mention that she already has picked out his name...get ready...Pirate Boy!  No idea where that came from...but it is adorable.

No comments: