Reflections and Observations of a Fashionista Mom and Former American Expatriate Missing Montreal
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Old Books
Much to Jay's dismay, I have a collection of books. New books, old books, textbooks, I just love books. I have passed on that gene to Arabella too. She loves books and loves to read! Jay keeps some books, but usually when he is finished with one, he gets rid of it. I on the other hand can fill shelves with books without a problem. I am especially fond of old books and when I was on my solo trip to Connecticut a few weeks ago, I was given a family heirloom. My great aunt Moona asked me if I had any need for a dictionary. Truth be told, I have no use for one as I already have one and more often than not when I need to look something up, I go to the internet. But when she pulled it out and told me that I could not get rid of it, I was sold. It is a Webster's from 1930. She told me that she remembers when her father, my great grandfather, brought it home - she remembers being in grade school. It is an amazing book and I am so honored to have it in our family. Arabella was excited to look through it, she was so gentle with the pages. I need to find a good stand so that I can display it. Thank you so much for sharing this with our family Aunt Moona.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment