Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Holidays Have Arrived In Montreal

It is official...Christmas has arrived in Montreal! I have noticed since a few days after Halloween that the Christmas lights were starting to go up in our neighborhood. (I supposed the warm weather helps get people to put up their outdoor decorations earlier than they would if it was colder out.) I have been debating on when to bring up the Christmas decorations and with Jack's arrival and the burning of my Be Jolly candle, I am starting to get in the mood for Christmas. I know, I know, back in the States they haven't even had Thanksgiving...but here, there is nothing to fill the space between Halloween and Thanksgiving so Christmas seems to start earlier. All I can think is that my poor Arabella will be so confused when we do end up back in the States...her holidays will be all off! Anyway, this morning, we bundled up and met the Blais/Bergeron's for some (early) holiday fun in Montreal! It was the annual Santa Parade and we had so much fun! We had great front row seats and Arabella and Allyson loved the music and dancers and floats. We even had good weather - not too sunny, but not windy or too cold - perfect for a parade. It was nice to spend the morning in the fresh air and now I am in the holiday mood and could do with a little snow! I may even do a little decorating tomorrow and I think Arabella would be in the mood to help since she asked if we could decorate! I just love how excited she is about Christmas, it truly is the most wonderful and magical time of year!












They were so excited to see Santa!

No comments: